Now that you have your blog all setup, it’s time to publish some articles. If you are new to writing, you might find this task a little daunting, but don’t be discouraged. Blogging is more of an art form, and everyone does it differently.
The anatomy of a great blog post.
1. Attention-Grabbing Title – The title is the first thing people see when they visit your blog post, and it’s also what search engines show in the search results. Your title has to make people want to click through to see your article.
2. Feature Image – Always include a feature image because it helps make your blog post more visually appealing. Make sure your feature image is relevant to the content.
3. Introductory Paragraph – If your title gets people to click through, your introductory paragraph needs to get readers to continue reading. It should explain what this blog post is all about, what the reader will get out of it. Keep it short and keep them locked in.
4. Main Body – Everything up to this point was to hook the reader into staying. Now it’s time to give them the actual content. I like to break up my content into different sections, with short paragraphs and lots of line breaks to make it easier to read. Don’t forget to use sub-headlines, list, bullets, key points, quotes, and visuals (images and photos).
5. Conclusion with call-to-action – This is where you summarize your main ideas to get your point across to readers. This is also where you should include a call-to-action. A call to action can be anything from promoting a product, to asking the reader to share your post. You can ask the reader to leave a comment, or subscribe to your email list. The point is you should always have some kind of call-to-action at the end of your blog post. It keeps users engaged and your blog will be that more popular.
Ready to Monetize your Blog? Continue to Step Six
In step six, I will show you how to make money with your blog.